The Aircast Air-Stirrup has served very well to help my son go about his normal day to day life. Doctor recommended to keep the Air-Stirrup on until the ligament has healed. Very fast delivery, thank you.
Aircast Air Stirrup Ankle Brace
- Add to Basket for Shipping Options
- 25 May 2022: Operating as Usual
The Aircast Air Stirrup Ankle Brace is an excellent top-end ankle brace for wearing immediate post injury in the swollen and painful phase with more padding around the ankle and an under foot strap that can be adjusted for width. Side shells specifically tailored to fit inner and outer sides of each ankle. For return to exercise consider the Aircast Airsport.
Since 1978 the Aircast Air Stirrup ankle brace has been the 'standard of care' for the functional management of ankle injuries and has been cited in over 100 medical journals for its superior performance in helping to heal ankle injuries. Each Aircast ankle brace features anatomically designed shells lined with the patented Duplex aircell system. This exclusive system incorporates two pre-inflated overlapping aircells, distal and proximal, that provide support and produce graduated compression during ambulation. The compression promotes efficient edema reduction in addition to helping accelerate rehabilitation.
All Air Stirrup ankle braces (except for the pediatric model) come with a patient guide providing information on brace application and optional rehabilitation exercises. The extra small ankle brace is designed for children 2 to 6 years of age and is ideal for ankle stabilisation in hemophilia patients.
- Semi rigid, anatomically designed shells for protection, comfort and the prevention of inversion/eversion.
- Patented Duplex aircell system to enhance circulation and reduce swelling.
- Pre-inflated aircells for easy application.
- Good for early protected weight - bearing.
- Streamlined fit in shoes for early protected weight-bearing.
- For acute injury and chronic instability.
|Aircast Air Stirrup Ankle Brace Shoe Sizing|
|Extra Small||15 cm (6")|
|Small||22 cm (8.7")|
|Medium||23 cm (9")|
|Large||27 cm (10.5")|
If you are on the borderline with a size, we highly recommend you opt for the larger of the two sizes.